30th January to 2nd February, 2020
Laxmi Lawns, Magarpatta, Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Guidelines for Award papers
This is a good platform for presenting your ideas, innovations and intelligent work in front of national and international delegates and faculty.
General instructions for Abstract Submission
- Abstract submission for award paper will be open from 5th April 2019 and will close on 8th September 2019. Please note that after 8th September 2019 you will no longer be able to upload abstract for award paper.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English. A “blind” selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical colleges, clinics or places may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
- Abstracts should be submitted only in one category. You can either present clinical studies/original research work done by the presenter and coauthors.
- The title should be as brief as possible and should clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters.
- The word limit is up to 250 words (this includes title, body of abstract, spaces, tables and graphics and pictures)
Conflict of interest: Declaration of conflict of interest is mandatory
- The submitted abstract material will be reproduced as it is. Any error noticed will be the responsibility of the participant, DERMACON 2020 scientific committee shall not take any responsibility for the same.
- Failure to comply with the following requirements will lead to automatic rejection of the submission: Use only generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation. No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract.
- Registration for DERMACON 2020 is mandatory for submission of abstract.
- Abstract for award paper should be submitted from your delegate panel.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your abstract, you will get an acknowledgement through your registered email and phone number.
- The status of your abstract will be intimated within 30 days of evaluation deadline.
- The selected abstracts along with the name of the presenter will be uploaded in the website in the given space.
General Instructions for Award papers
- All the presentations should be prepared in MS Power point(pptx-2010 or later). Videos should be prepared in AV1/MP4/WMV format If any other format is used its codec should also be included. Please preview them by visiting the speaker ready room to check if they are running smoothly.
- Each hall is equipped with a laptop and a projector. Usage of own laptops or other devices will not be permitted.
- All movie files should be brought along with the presentation in a single folder.
- At the time of loading please verify and ensure that your videos are working.
- Award paper presentation should NOT exceed 7 minutes time. Only judges can ask questions to award paper presenters, no question from audience will be allowed in award papers.
- There should NOT be more than 7-8 lines and each line should not have more than 8-10 words, in each slides of award paper presentation.
- Please note maximum number of slides for award paper must be 14 only.
- Use of unnecessary animations and transitions will be seen as distraction and can be marked negatively.
- If any special fonts are used please bring the presentation as a pack and go (if created on Windows) or save it as .pptx as the fonts will get embedded and bring your laptop to the preview room.
- All presenters should declare their conflicts of interest at the beginning of presentation.
- There will be a digital reverse timer at the hall and all participants are requested to stick to the allotted time. It should be noted that the screen will go blank after the stipulated time.
- All presenters are requested to load their presentations at least 3 hours before their presentation time and get a receipt from the preview room.
- No changes will be allowed to be made to the presentations at the last hour.
- Only material submitted at the preview room will be allowed for presentation.
- Presentations will be accepted only from pen drive or CD/DVD and cannot be connected from mobiles or the internet.
- All presenters are expected to be in the scheduled hall 30 minutes before presentation. If the presenter is absent at their turn, no further chance will be given.
Categories for abstract submission
- Basic science
- Paediatric dermatology
- Infections and infestations
- Vesiculobullous disorders-immunobullous and mechanobullous
- Vascular diseases including urticaria
- Pigmentary disorders
- Disorders of sebaceous, eccrine and apocrine glands
- Hair and nail disorders
- Collagen vascular diseases
- Cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease
- Skin and Pregnancy
- Skin tumours and malignancies
- Drugs in dermatology
- Dermatopathology and investigative dermatology
- HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- Recent advances